|“||Who said that?||”|
Newt Van Der Rohe
Newton Van Der Rohe
Student, Football Player
He is portrayed by Buddy Handleson.
Newt, as his name suggests, isn't very big. Why did he join the Bulldogs? Well, his dad made him do it. But he makes up for his lack of brawn with brain. Because he's a people pleaser at heart, Newt does not like to rock the boat. Newt is the geek of the show. He's loyal to his boys, but he recognizes Bella's talent... But don't tell anyone he said that.
- Newt joins the choir with Troy. (Troy told him Sophie likes guys who sing, so he decided to join.)
- He becomes the lead male singer.
- He performs during Tex Fest.
- Bella thinks that Newt contacting Sophie is weird and wants to talk about it (after he, Sawyer and Troy help her with finding out why Sophie and Pepper are lying).
- While Molfing he admits that he's frustrated that Sophie doesn't like him.
- "Why doesn't Sophie like me!" he shouts while hitting the melon.
- Molfing is a combination of melons and golfing. The players replace the golf ball with a melon.
- In this game, you shout something that makes you upset while hitting the melon.
- Even though Sophie's away he still thinks that her not replying is a way of playing hard to get; though he is well aware that she doesn't like him but he really does does her.
Newt has an adorable baby face and big baby blue eyes. He's not very tall, and his style is really casual and laid-back, similar to Troy's.
Bella is one of his team-mates. He thinks of her as a very kind friend and person in general.
Troy is one of Newt's team-mates and is his best friend. They both disagreed about Bella being on the team (Well, Newt pretended to).
Sawyer is one of his team-mates and best friends.
Newt has a crush on Sophie, but it's one sided due to the fact that Sophie gets disgusted every time he tries to flirt with her. In Backseat Quarterback when the two get paired as lab partners and she sees the fun side of him, she begins to warm up to him. It is possible she might secretly return his fellings for her.
- See also: Newt and Sophie
|“||Who said that?||”|
—Newt, Most episodes
- Newbie QB Part 1
- Newbie QB Part 2
- That's Some Gossip, Girl
- Pretty in Stink
- Tex Fest
- Dancing in the End Zone
- That's My Tri-Five!
- A Good Bye Week
- Bromantically Challenged
- Tornado Afraido
- Incomplete Pass
- Backseat Quarterback
- Traitor Dater
- Bulldog Buddies
- Player Hater
- Root For Newt
- Bulldog Blues
- Kicking and Scheming
- Third Degree Ba-Burn
- No Girls Allowed
- Wide Deceiver
- Girls Night
- Personal Foul
- Rally Week
- Sha-Boo! Ya
- Who Killed Tex Fest?
- Dudes & Chicks
- Two Many Dates
- The Outlaw Bella Dawson
- Parents & Pigskins
- Glitz & Grit
- Accept No Substitutes
Overall Appearances: 32/32
- His parents are divorced
- His jersey number is '99'.
- His dad made him join The Bulldogs football team.
- His catchphrase is "Who said that?!".
- He tried to walk away five times during his first week on the team, but his dad always brought him back.
- In reality, he wants Bella on the team. (Don't tell anyone!)
- He has a crush on Sophie.
- He is not afraid of Sophie even when she threatens him.
- He often spoils secrets (for example, he spoiled Sawyer's surprise birthday party.)
- He is an amazing singer.
- In Tornado Afraido it is revealed that he has a stepmother.
- His stepmother showed him The Wizard Of OZ and has a fear of tornadoes because of it.
- He considers The Wizard of Oz a horror movie.
- He is afraid of heights however it's possible he got over this fear.
- In the Root for Newt episode, he scored a touchdown (Finally)!
- His father played All-American in every sport he every participated in.
- He's not a very good liar. When he's pressured, he blurts out the truth just like in Newbie QB.
- He wishes to attend Yale and never Harvard. To quote Newt, he says, "That old dump?" referring to Harvard.
|To view the Newt Van Der Rohe gallery, click here.|